27TH SEPT 2018
MSP participated in the Medic East Africa Public Health Conference with the theme of: Quality and access under Universal Health Coverage (UHC) and thecontribution of specialised Health Professional in public health. The following specialised health professional Associations made presentation on their contribution towards public health in achieving UHC:
- Kenya Association of family physicians
- Kenya public health Association
- Kenya psychiatrist Association
- Kenya paediatric Association
- Kenya cardiac Society
- Kenya dental Association
- Kenya obstetrics and gynaecologists Society.
- Kenya medical Association.
Health care workers and professional bodies to focus on preventive and promotive medicine.
Health care workers to use existing community structures/community strategy to enhance uptake of healthcare services and create demand.
To achieve Universal Health Coverage all stakeholders must invest on Community Health Volunteers to promote preventive medicine at Household levels.